(JT76) Finance Manager FTC 6 Months
Hybrid: London office and home working | £75,000.00 Per Annum
Finance Manager (FTC 6 Months)
We are proud to partner with the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) to identify talent for their (Fixed Term Contract) Finance Manager role.
For nearly 200 years RIBA’s mission has been to serve their members and society in order to deliver better buildings, places, and stronger communities. RIBA are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture, a place where everyone can be themselves and succeed.
This is an exciting time to join this iconic organisation and play a pivotal role in delivery of their exciting strategy – RIBA’s 2034 Masterplan.
We are looking for a well-seasoned, Finance Manager, who produces the monthly management accounts, Quarterly Forecast , Annual Budget and 5 Year Business Plan.
In particular, applicants must be an accomplished management accountant and people manager, with experience of empowering and leading teams through cultural and business change.
This 6 month Fixed Term Contract is designed to contribute to the management of RIBA to ensure effective operations, in the area of finance. The post-holder will be instrumental in driving change across the organisation and will work closely with the Interim Director of Finance & Property. This role would suit someone who has 4+ years PQE, it also has two direct reports.
- Reports to Interim Director of Finance & Property
- Salary : ca £75,000 pro-rated
- Employee benefits package which includes (a) a generous pension scheme with employer contributions (up to 12%), (b) life assurance, (c) annual leave of 27 days plus bank holidays
- Fixed Term Contract 6 months, full time.
- Location: Hybrid, with ca 2/3 days a week in RIBA’s London office.
- Manage the day-to-day workload of the team, to ensure deadlines are met and an outstanding service is provided by team members, to include both line management and performance management.
- Work in collaboration with the team and senior colleagues to produce detailed and summary analysis in numerical, graphical, and written formats, business performance measurement and benchmarking data.
- Costing and pricing of complex business cases, including appropriate cost-benefit analysis of both financial and non-financial aspects, ensuring that they are realistic, comprehensive, and achievable.
- Assist the Director of Finance & Property and Head of Risk, Planning & Performance with the risk management strategy.
- Undertake System Accountant responsibilities, including the development of reports.
- This post holder will need to be advanced at Excel data integration and database management and have the innovation and creativity to improve on the current formats being used.
- Qualified Accountant with minimum 4 years PQE
- Significant Experience in Management Accounting role including budget preparation, long term business planning and preparation of business cases for new activities.
- Experience in development of reports from accounting software: must have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Some experience gained in the publishing or membership sector, desirable.
Key Attributes :
- Natural Leader, robust ,
- Honest & Reliable
- Team mentality & People Person
- Logical Thinker
For a confidential conversation with FJWilson Talent, RIBA’s recruitment partner for this vacancy, please contact Andrea Montgomery, on 0203 195 3600 or email us at email@example.com
The services advertised by FJWilson Talent Services are those of a recruitment business.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community. Furthermore, qualifications and/or experience identified are indicative. We will consider applications from candidates who have comparable qualifications and/or experience for role advertised.