Our clients are organisations for professionals. They include membership organisations, awarding bodies, and learning providers. Our solutions include
- talent acquisition
- talent development
We focus on senior and mid-level roles, typically with titles with the terms 'Head of' or 'Director'. We are also developing solutions for candidates.
How we add value
We add value through:
- Our specialist expertise: ever since we were founded, in 2009, we've worked with organisations for professional people - membership organisations, awarding bodies, and learning providers. We understand their cultures
- Our depth: our research techniques are designed to uncover passive candidates as well as active ones
- Our breadth: our research techniques also help organisations to hire professional people from other sectors
- Our pace and promptness: our lean model of recruitment is designed to avoid delays
- Our personal touch: our style of working is based on the obvious-yet-often-overlooked fact that talent services are about people. As our case studies illustrate, candidates recognise that we do things with a distinctive personal touch
Our podcast, Recruitment in the Modern World
, is available on Buzzsprout.com
Postscript: as from January 2021 our podcast production will benefit from technology and training supported by a grant from The New Anglia / Wider Economy Grant Scheme, funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Managing director: Fiona Wilson
Fiona founded FJWTS in 2009.
Before that she worked for Adecco’s professional staffing brands: she was Operations Director of the professional staffing brand Jonathan Wren (Banking and Finance) and then of the London 2012 (LOCOG) contract. Previously Fiona had worked on general and specialist education staffing for Kelly Services and on student and school-leaver recruitment for Hobsons. Fiona’s expertise
Fiona’s skills include the ability to work at a senior level. In particular, she is able to (a) consult with senior/C-suite decision makers, (b) navigate to the critical aspects of the brief when leading on a senior vacancy, and (c) identify, and engage with, senior candidates from the private sector who are suited to transferring to the not-for-profit sector.
Fiona is skilled at appreciating organisations’ distinctive needs. In particular, she’s practised at (a) providing consultancy for organisation-wide talent acquisition and recruitment practices and (b) quickly getting to grips with an organisation’s business strategy.
Fiona is highly communicative − for example, when providing consultation throughout the resourcing period for a role, especially for unusual and hard-to-fill senior vacancies.
Over two decades of working in the industry, Fiona has amassed considerable depth of knowledge, especially concerning (a) talent acquisition and recruitment practices and (b) the candidate marketplace and behaviours.