(OL22) Interim Head of Events/Volunteer Engagement
Princes Risborough office: 4 days a month | £60,000.00 - 65,000.00 Per Annum
The world is in a constant state of flux. In a changing and challenging world, the project profession has never been more important. Project professionals are at the forefront of delivering in the face of change, or delivering change itself. The environment for project delivery is complex. The project profession needs to be better understood and to have clearer, more consistent standards and set the highest of bars. And these new world challenges demand a new generation of professional membership organisation.
Our client is APM: Association for Project Management. They are a professional membership organisation that sets the standards for the project profession and raises its profile. As a registered charity, APM reinvest their surplus for the benefit of our members and the profession. They develop qualifications and deliver learning opportunities. They conduct research and provide knowledge and resources. They run events and share best practice. APM give people the opportunity to connect and collaborate, providing community for their individual members, volunteers and corporate partners, wherever they are. Above all, when doing so makes a difference, APM challenge the status quo.
APM is also the only chartered organisation representing the project profession, anywhere in the world. In a complex and shifting world, APM is helping the project profession deliver better, because when projects succeed, society benefits.
Project management is an exciting profession that covers a variety of sectors, and this role is an excellent opportunity to get exposure to these industries.
Purpose of the role
Key in supporting the success of APM’s recently refreshed strategy, the purpose of this role will be to aid the transformation of APM events and volunteering ensuring they deliver a high-profile service which remains recognised and respected throughout the project management profession. APM is looking for a strategically minded events specialist - a 'Head of' who can lead the centralisation of the current range of events, which are spread across the organisation.
Working closely with the Director of Education and Lifelong Learning, they will lead the teams responsible for the development and delivery of APM events and it’s volunteering programme, ensuring consistency with the strategic direction and priorities of APM.
Initially an interim role: 6 months fixed term contract
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 (PAYE)
Hybrid working with a mixture of home, occasional travel to the APM offices (c. 4 times a month) and travel for events.
Pension scheme offered in line with auto enrolment with up to 8% contribution from APM.
- Build the strategic plan for the events portfolio
- Lead small specialist teams to ensure the successful delivery of the 2023 programme
- Ensure APM flagship events are planned and delivered on time and to budget, including guiding and executing the process of moving the flagship conference in June from London to Birmingham
- Ensure volunteer events are planned and delivered on time and to budget
- Act as academic lead contact to ensure the profession is represented and promoted across schools, colleges, and universities
- Continually evaluate the events calendar, looking specifically at issues such as return on investment and time resources required, etc.
- Developing and running a busy programme of events, including virtual, hybrid and face to face events
- Leading a commercial events programme in a small to medium sized organisation
- Planning and delivering large scale events
- Managing a small team
- Managing events’ budgets
- Building relationships at all levels including external stakeholders
- Working with and managing volunteers
How to apply
APM's recruitment partner for this vacancy is FJWilson Talent Services.
To apply please submit your CV via www.fjwilson.com
For an informal and confidential conversation about the role, please contact Fiona Wilson or Maria McNiven on 0203 195 3600 or email the FJWilson team at firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy is being advertised by FJWilson Talent Services. The services advertised by FJWilson Talent Services are those of a recruitment business.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community. Furthermore, qualifications and/or experience identified are indicative. We will consider applications from candidates who have comparable qualifications and/or experience for the role advertised.