(LB37) Senior audit opportunity - working for ACCA
Home-based (England) + travel | £65,000.00 - 70,000.00 Per Annum
Our client, ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), is a highly prestigious global organisation. ACCA has an impressive global community of over 227,000 members and 544,000 students in 176 countries.
This is a home-based contract, though it may include travel throughout the UK and Ireland and occasionally overseas and require overnight stays away from home.
Overview of the role
ACCA has a superb career opportunity for a fully qualified accountant with significant experience at manager level/equivalent in an audit practice environment.
We’re looking for a Senior Compliance Officer to join our client's Practice Regulation Compliance team on a permanent basis.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Compliance Officer is to undertake monitoring of individuals and firms registered by ACCA in the UK and Ireland to conduct audit work (and, where appropriate, CAA-Atol assignments).
This responsibility involves conducting monitoring visits to the firms’ premises or remotely in accordance with prescribed procedures and producing written reports on those visits on a timely basis.
The Senior Compliance Officer is responsible for organising their own work schedule from a predetermined allocation of monitoring visits in order to meet departmental targets.
The job holder is expected to possess the following attributes:
· a recognised professional accountancy qualification (ACCA or equivalent)
· in-depth technical knowledge of International Standards on Auditing, Ethical Standards, and the relevant sections of ACCA’s Rulebook
· the ability to communicate confidently, effectively and appropriately with experienced, qualified audit practitioners, both orally and in writing
· the ability to build strong working relationships and manage potentially difficult individuals, while remaining calm, assertive, and professional at all times
· have sound judgment and be able to make reasoned and appropriate decisions
· have an organised and methodical approach and be able to work to strict deadlines
· be self-motivated and able to work independently with the minimum of supervision
· be computer literate, with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
· significant post-qualification experience at manager level or equivalent in an audit practice environment
· extensive practical experience of applying relevant standards
· an appreciation of the importance of appropriate management controls and corresponding “best practice” in the accountancy profession
For a confidential conversation with FJWilson Talent, ACCA's recruitment partner for this role, please contact Coby Drage on 0203 195 3600 to discuss or email email@example.com.
Coby will be very happy to have a discussion with you and answer any questions you may have.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence
This vacancy is advertised by FJWilson Talent Services, a professional recruitment specialist.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community. Furthermore, qualifications and/or experience identified are indicative. We will consider applications from candidates who have comparable qualifications and/or experience for the role advertised.