(JT84) Head of Procurement
Hybrid: London office and home working | £58,000.00 Per Annum
Head of Procurement
Do you thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment and are passionate about procurement excellence? If you are ready to lead the procurement function and contribute to our client’s success, then this opportunity is for you.
Our client is looking for a dynamic and experienced professional to join their team as the Head of Procurement. This pivotal role is ideal for a seasoned leader who thrives in driving strategic procurement initiatives and has a proven track record of acting as the sole procurement specialist in an organisation.
Our client is the iconic RIBA (https://www.architecture.com/). They are currently undergoing a large transformational restructure to modernise the organisation. One of their ambitious projects is to build an accessible and thriving centre of architecture inspiration and connection, and to share their collections and knowledge with a global audience. This exciting programme is called ‘House of Architecture’ and it will be at the centre of the key ‘Head of Procurement’ post.
FJWilson Talent is acting as the employment agency advisor to RIBA on this appointment.
· Full time permanent contract
· Starting salary of up to £58,000 per annum + great benefits
· Hybrid: home-working, blended with minimum 2 days per week in their beautiful London office
The purpose of the role is to act as a procurement specialist and support the procurement of all goods and services, as well as the benefits offered to members and to the public. The post holder will also efficiently manage budgets and contractual agreements with suppliers, to ensure our client is able to deliver value to its members.
The post holder will be an excellent collaborator and will work alongside RIBA financial and legal specialists, to successfully manage the procurement processes and implement their ambitious projects.
The major responsibilities of the role are to:
· Engage with stakeholders to understand business requirements and to define and implement the buying strategy, plans and processes for sourcing goods and services within all categories with a focus on Marketing, IT and Facilities.
· Advise the business/ function on buying policies, processes and best practice, providing support as required.
· In conjunction with business owners, validate requirements and guide users to the most appropriate contract and sourcing solution.
· Support the onboarding and ongoing due diligence and relationship management of third-party suppliers. Use knowledge of the external supply market to support the business owners in development of their business strategies and buying options.
· Develop and maintain long-term relationships with key existing approved suppliers and identify potential new supplier within different functions.
The Successful Candidate will have:
· Extensive previous procurement experience.
· Experience of supplier relationship management.
· Good knowledge and application of best practice buying and procurement processes.
· Experience of leading tenders and risk management.
· Experience in negotiating and agreeing ICT and construction contracts and knowledge of contract commercial terms and positions.
Vital Candidate Attributes are:
· Robust negotiation and influencing capabilities coupled with the aptitude to establish relationships across all organisational levels.
· Inherent self-motivation underscored by a flexible and proactive work ethos.
· Proficient analytical thinking and effective problem-solving abilities.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· A resourceful approach to teamwork and adept stakeholder management.
· High proficiency in IT systems with an emphasis on excellent Excel skills.
Professional Qualification Requirements
· CIPS qualification
For a confidential conversation with FJWilson Talent before applying, please contact Andrea Montgomery on 0203 195 3600, or email us at email@example.com
The services advertised by FJWilson Talent Services are those of a recruitment business.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community. Furthermore, qualifications and/or experience identified are indicative. We will consider applications from candidates who have comparable qualifications and/or experience for role advertised.