(JT43) Interim Director of Finance and Property
London | £100,000.00 Per Annum
We are proud to partner with the Royal Institute of British Architects (‘RIBA’) to identify talent for their interim Director of Finance & Property role.
For nearly 200 years RIBA’s mission has been to serve their members and society in order to deliver better buildings, places, and stronger communities. RIBA are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture, a place where everyone can be themselves and succeed.
This is an exciting time to join this iconic organisation and play a pivotal role in delivery of their exciting strategy and biennial action plan. –
We are looking for a well-seasoned, interim financial director, with a background in the charity or not for profit sectors. In particular, applicants must be an accomplished leader and people manager, with experience of empowering and leading teams through cultural and business change.
Purpose of the role
This interim contract is designed to contribute to the management and leadership of RIBA to ensure effective operations, especially in the areas of finance and property management.
The role has two focuses:
1. Leading the financial and procurement function: the delivery of strong financial performance; business planning; overseeing the RIBA’s Investment Fund; and working closely with the Board and a range of external stakeholders.
2. Overseeing the property and facilities function: acting as main liaison between the Board and external project support for the ongoing large scale property projects (one property sale; one major refurbishment programme).
This senior role will be perfect for someone who thrives in a changing environment, and who wants to have an impact on scoping and shaping the direction of RIBA, where finance is seen as a positive enabler throughout the operation.
This post holder will need to be strong at complex computations, building and presenting effective business cases, and business planning.
· Reports to CEO
· Salary: c. £100,000
· Employee benefits package which includes (a) a generous pension scheme with employer contributions (up to 12%), (b) life assurance, (c) annual leave of 27 days plus bank holidays
· Interim, 9- 12 months contract, full-time
· Location: hybrid, with c. 2 days per week in RIBA’s London office
· Qualified Accountant with strong post qualification experience; experienced in producing subsidiary and consolidated accounts.
· Experience of inter-company trading and recharges.
· Experience of producing business plans and budgets.
· Experience liaising at senior management level and contributing to senior management, Board and committee meetings.
· Ability to confidently explain complex finance matters to non-finance colleagues.
· Experience of managing large projects, in the early stages of planning and development.
1st Interview date (virtual) 9th June – No other date will be available
For a confidential conversation with FJWilson Talent, RIBA’s recruitment partner for this vacancy, please contact Fiona Wilson or Andrea Montgomery, on 0203 195 3600 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The services advertised by FJWilson Talent Services are those of a recruitment business.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community. Furthermore, qualifications and/or experience identified are indicative. We will consider applications from candidates who have comparable qualifications and/or experience for role advertised.